Saturday 7 December 2013

A day at Hogwarts...


A few weekends ago, myself and a few friends caught the train (after nearly suffering a heart attack running to get it) down to London, to finally get a taste of what life in Hogwarts is like... Since it's opening, the Harry Potter Studios has been so popular, and as a lover of the movies myself, I couldn't resist going 'behind the scenes' to see how the magic was truly created. I  can honestly say it was worth every penny!

If you've been before you'll definitely agree the five hour visit really gives you a picture of how everything from the 'Great Hall' to the terrifyingly huge Aragog spider is created...
  

The visit is split into several areas of interest... First, your guided to a cinema to hear from the actors themselves what life on set was like, following which you enter the Great Hall (in an unexpected fashion). From there you can explore the interior sets which are so famously remembered in the films, before heading outside to see the night bus, and the house where it all started! To finish, there's a graphics and construction exhibition, which was really interesting if you like to know how everything works, a trip down Diagon Alley, and a final view of the REAL Hogwarts!

Below area few photos of the day. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprises, but I was dying to show you just why the place is so great!





My favourite part of the trip, was naturally learning more about the behind the scene's make-up and costume secrets! There was literally a costume on hand for every moment of each film, and a wig for it too! I also loved the chance of flying my own broom in the interactive part of the studios - totally worth it, if you've every considered purchasing a broomstick ;) Sadly I wasn't allowed to take photos during the broomstick ride, but I can guarantee everyone who had a go loved it!

As it was a long day, I'd planed everything - which was a surprise considering my usual organisation skills.. For my outfit, I chose a simple white top and floral skirt combination, with thick leggings, cardigan and my scarf to keep me warm! I also wore a personal favourite riding waistcoat, as it always adds the finishing touches to an outfit!





And that was my day at Hogwarts. It was a great chance to catchup with my favourite girlie's, and an excuse to watch the whole Harry Potter box set non stop for the next week..
Let me know if you've been/plan on visiting soon!

Lots of Love,

7 comments:

  1. Sounds so much fun, I want to ride broom too
    Happy Weekend
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I wish I can go there someday. I'm a Potterhead too! Glad you had fun! :)

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics..I wish I could visit it to :)

    New Post Up: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/12/celeb-style-accessories-by-choies.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Great post! You are so lucky to visit this place! I'm following you on GFC and now I'm waiting for you too! Let me know if you want to follow each other on Bloglovin, Facebook and Instagram too! Thank you for stopping by!

    Come back soon to visit me on The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    Evi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh this looks amazing! I'm definitely going to have to make a visit there! I didn't realise it was quite so cheap tbh! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the style of the buildings. Thank you for sharing. I am following your bog now :-). http://lusciouslivingtoday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was a great birthday present from you guys, love you all xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)